Monday, January 22, 2007

A Wedding Dress & Some Loomwork

Exciting news-- I bought a wedding dress this weekend!!!!!! I managed to catch it on sale, too!I One less thing to worry about! I still have to do alterations, but that will be mid-February sometime.

Loomwork: I haven't done loomwork in a while and hope to get around to it soon. I have a really nice Mirrix loom (Big Sister Lap & Table Loom), but the ones below were done on a homemade one before I got it. Here are photos of some work I did a couple of years ago. They are both framed pictures. The shooting star beadwork is ~ 7x10 in and the tuna is ~ 4x11 in. My mother has the shooting stars and I made the tuna for a guy I was in graduate school with.


Myself and another lady are going to be the featured artists at the OSAA Art House for the month of February. That means we get an entire room to fill with our work, press coverage, and a reception. We have tons of work to do to get ready for it. I've been madly making beaded flowers and jewelry. The other lady is a gourd artist (carves gourds among other things!), and I get to make a couple of arrangements to go in some of her small gourds. We're putting our work up Feb. 1 and our reception is Feb. 24. I made business cards this evening and tomorrow I have to work on a bio and press release--Hope I can accomplish everything!


3 comments:

nordwolke said...

The dress is fantastic. I love the transparent back! And I like the loom-woven flower. Sometime in the future I will try to loom with beads, too. I wish you the best of luck for your exhibition!

Gretchen Grammer said...

Thanks! I think you would enjoy loom work. You can use BeadCreator Pro to make patterns from your photos for it.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the show, Gretchen, that's awesome. And I love the dress. :)