Thursday, January 11, 2007

Multi-strands

Here's a commissioned piece I recently designed. Also, I have been accepted to to participate in the Ocean Springs Art Association Art House. It is a co-op of artists, and there is standards committee that looks at your work before you can become a member. This is the first time I have had my work critically examined by other artists, so I am quite happy that I was able to become a member. I get to do a show with another artists who carves gourds, in February. We are going to collaborate, and I am making beaded flowers to go in some of her gourd vessels. It is very neat to interact with these local artists; I get many different ideas and perspectives on my work.


3 comments:

naturtraene said...

You know that I have problems with most of the self-made Jewelry out there because it is often too pompous for my taste. But this piece is simple yet sophisticated and elegant. I would like to see a close-up of the earrings!

Gretchen Grammer said...

Thanks! I've posted a photo of the earrings for you.

nordwolke said...

I love earrings and I would wear them immediately. It's me, naturtraene, if you are surprised ...