Friday, August 04, 2006

Leaves

Leaves and greenery--every pretty flower arrangement needs lots of them! I've been experimenting with different leaf shapes and types and here are a few so far. We have compound to the left and below are toothed leaves close to the stem. I reversed the basic wire on the bottom so it wouldn't show on the back of the leaf.

I think the large drooping tropical leaves are my favorite. They add interest to the bouquet with leaf shading and shape. I have a bunch of fantasy flowers I still need to add leaves to and put on stems--I just can't figure out which ones to use! I've been sorting insect samples today at work, which is pretty brainless, so I've had lots of time to think about what I'd rather be doing-like finishing up some of my flowers. I'm also in the process of painting our guest bathroom and can't wait to be able to finish that this evening. I got a really neat shower curtain in the Brigitte pattern from Pottery Barn that I'm using as inspiration.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I looove the scallop-edges leaves. But the wide shaded leaves with the two greens are also very beautiful!

Skimrandesten said...

Gretchen,
I am a Swedish journalist and I collect beaded flowers, french technique. I found your beautiful beaded flower designs on the web and wanted to ask if I can order a "tropical bouquet" from you.
However, I have a special request when it comes to colors. Most of my present collection is in white, gold and silver. I am usually not a fan of bold colors, and it’s sometimes really difficult to judge color shades on the web. It depends on the image and lighting, my computer screen etc etc.
I would like to ask if you could make a custom color scheme for me and make all the flowers above in predominantly white, silver and gold. Gold leaves, white flower petals with silver linings/accents, gold pistils, and brown stems.
Would that be possible?
How much would you charge for such a relatively big order?
Can you ship to Sweden (EU)?
How long would it take to make the bouquet and how long would I have to wait for the flowers to arrive here? First class air mail usually takes no more than 5-7 business days from the US to Sweden.
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gretchen Grammer said...

skimrandesten,

Could you contact me via email: g_waggy (at) hotmail (dot) com? It would be easier to give you detail that way. Thanks!