Monday, January 23, 2006

A couple of recent projects......

I thought I would post some pictures of my recent projects. One is a trillium bouquet I made for my mother for Christmas and the other is an arrangement of pitcher plant flowers. I've been a bit stuck on pitcher plant flowers ever since I got to see them firsthand last spring in the pine savanahs of the Grand Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve (where I work).






Below are photograhs I took of pitcher plants in the wild. The redish-orange flowers are hybrids of the whitetop pitcher plant
(Sarracenia leucophylla) and the yellow trumpet pitcher plant (S. alta). The yellow flowers are the yellow trumpet. The pink interior shot is a variety of the purple pitcher plant (S. purpurea) found only along the Gulf coast of the US.

No comments: