Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Busy week!

The last week and weekend have been spent renovating/repairing our house. The repairing part is due to Hurricane Katrina....yes it's still a mess down here! The renovating part is what we (me and Paul, my significant other) should have been doing instead of dealing with hurricanes!!!!!!!!! So, we sanded the new drywall in our kitchen (gianormous mess), painted the master bath and kitchen, replaced cabinet hardware and outlet/switch covers and blew insulation into the attic (another huge mess)...whewwww. I'll post pictures of the renovations/repairs after I tile a backsplash in the kitchen, which should be interesting concidering I've never tiled anything in my life. I already have the tiles--Cayman Dolphin series from Lowes. They're really neat and kind of look like crashing surf.


These are some pictures of the house the day after Katrina. AND we were LUCKY!! On the next street to the south of us there is nothing left, just slabs. Sooo...we closed on our house at the end of June 2005, moved in August 5 and was hit by the most destructive hurricane to make landfall on the US on August 29. The interior is our kitchen; when the gabled ends blew out the kitchen ceiling fell in. Believe it or not, we didn't loose anything! No flooding either, just rainwater.

1 comment:

Gretchen Grammer said...

Thanks very much! I do feel loved!!!