Friday, June 22, 2007

Fish

I’ve finally found a moment to add some photos! I think I may have to rename this blog “Paul’s Fishing Blog” since that’s all I’ve been posting. So here are some of his latest catches and one of mine, too! Paul caught the dophinfish and cobia in his spare time on a research cruise that went out to collect larval amberjack. The cobia was wonderful and we’ve been eating mainly fish for the past couple of weeks.

I caught the spotted seatrout when I went fishing with Paul in our kayaks on a small reef out from our house last weekend. We also caught a bunch of little blacktip sharks that were kind of tricky to get off of the line without getting bitten or having them falling in to the kayak with us. This photo was taken just before it ended up in the pan for our dinner. I've also included a very small tarpon that Paul cast netted last fall that I've been meaning to post. This fish used to be more common in Mississippi waters but at present is fairly rare.

No comments: