Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Hypocrita glauca Beaded Moth

Here is my progress on a 3-dimensional beaded moth I've been working on. There was an article on Karen Paust and her work in the last issue of Bead & Button. I was very influenced! My inspiration is this scan of a tropical Hypocrita glauca moth that is a piece of Joseph Scheer's artwork.
Below are the top wings, body, and a bottom wing. I still have to make the other bottom wing, legs, antennae, and proboscis. The wings are made with brickstitch and the body peyote stitch. I used BeadCreatorPro 3.0 to design the wings.











3 comments:

naturtraene said...

It has turned out just great so far. My father wanted me to make a peacock butterfly for him a few months ago. I tried to make it the French way but it was not so good. The various stitches seem to be great for moth and butterfly patterns!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen amything like this before. The detail is just beautiful:)

Stephen said...

Gretch you have way to much time on your hands. I will try and get out and take some photos of some bugs from over here before I come over.... not long now.